Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas goodies...

Well, this is a far-cry from anything to do with the house, but I want to post it nonetheless. I've decided to do some baking this Christmas season for various activities and for gifts. We have a few parties we attend every Christmas season and we have lots of friends.

Well, now we have new neighbors! So I thought that some homemade goodies would be a nice way to wish them a blessed Christmas. Here's what I've been up to:

Chocolate Crinkles
(these are Jeff's fave!)

1 cup cocoa
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

Combine ingredients, mixing well, and refrigerate overnight. Form balls and roll in powdered sugar. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Yield = 3 1/2 dozen

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

1 1/2 cups self rising flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup plus 2 tsp sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix flour and salt together in small bowl. Mix butter, brown sugar and sugar in a separate larger mixing bowl. Add egg, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour to mixture and beat until it resembles batter. Fill greased mini muffin tin wells with batter almost to the top. Bake at 375 for 8-9 minutes until almost done. Take out and press one mini reese's peanut butter cup into center of batter in each well. Put back in the oven for another minute. Yield = 3 1/2 dozen

I actually made one other recipe, M&M Cookies (with the red & green M&Ms), but I didn't think to take a photo of those before I put them into these bags...


Aren't they cute? I hope they like them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooo.....yum! Tell Jeff not to eat all the crinkles!
Love the packaging on the M&M cookies. Your recipients will LOVE 'em!

Jennifer said...

I just found your blog through Elizabeth Seering's blog...great pictures and I will be trying some of the recipes you got on here...