Sunday, March 29, 2009

rose-colored glasses...

I've had a sheer curtain up on the back patio door for awhile now but wasn't ever really okay with that because it doesn't make me feel..."unwatched" at night. :) Some of you know how my imagination is and that sheer thing just wasn't cuttin' it -- I always felt like someone could still see in and see everything, especially at night with lights on and such. It's not like we even have anything behind us -- just a bunch of trees and semi-developed land (I think the plan is to put something back there eventually so they've been out there with big equipment from time to time, but nothing is being built so far), but it is what it is. I can't help how my mind runs away sometimes.

So, I've been keeping an eye out for a different curtain/window treatment to go on the back patio door. I've not been diligently searching but when I find myself in the "curtains section" of any store, I usually will browse to see what I can see. I've been looking for something in the sheer "family" but with color so that I don't feel so...um, exposed at night.

Well, I finally found a really fun, printed, somewhat sheer curtain that had some of the colors I'd been wanting to use in the kitchen/dining area, but something that wouldn't look bad from the front door with our furniture, etc.

The photos really don't show the real look/colors of the fabric; I took the photos about 4:30pm-ish today so the sun is at the back of house shining in. The main color is brown with olive green, mauve and reddish-pink dots all over. It's fun. I think it will work for now.


2 comments:

Momma said...

WOW! Interesting! Knowing you, it'll work out just fine. I'm sure the picture doesn't do it justice, but I like the "sound" of the colors. :)

Joel and Kelley Greco said...

Looks great!! I'll have to stop by next time we're at the Jaski's and check it out :)