Sunday, March 10, 2013

fabric basket...

I've completed another sewing project, yay!  These days it takes me days weeks to accomplish what someone could sit down and do in 4 or 5 hours maybe, but I just NEVER have that much time to just sew.  I never have that much time to do ANYTHING really. 
 
I barely get that much time to sleep.
 
So this project took me a few days/weeks of naptimes to complete, but complete I did.  And that's the important thing, right?
 
More important than that, though, is photographing it and blogging about it, yes?!  :)
 
I wanted to find something of substantial stability to keep my makeup in on the counter (or under the sink, if I could find a place in the madness that is our ONE bathroom cabinet).  So I started looking online for tutorials for fabric buckets or baskets.  I found one and modified it a little for my purposes.
 
But not too much, cuz that usually blows up in my inexperienced-beginning-sewer face.
 
The tutorial I decided to use had a flap that went over the entire basket so you could carry it with you when you travel.  I have other bags I carry my toiletries in when I travel, so I decided to just leave that off.  No big deal.  But I also modified the pocket on the inside a little.  The tutorial added a large pocket on the inside, but I divided the pocket into 2 sections to accomodate my makeup supplies and how I wanted to store them.  Again, no big deal.
 
But I'm very pleased with how it turned out!  It looks just like I thought it would, and it works.  :)  And check out that quilting -- first time I've tried doing that (well, other than these from my HomeEc class online) and I really think it adds to the stability of the basket.



1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Another nice job, Honey Girl! Love the colors, and you were able to make it fit your needs perfectly. Well done!