Sunday, August 3, 2008

bookcases...

Okay, I'm giving you guys a first glimpse into the master bedroom. For a long time, our bedroom was a sort of "catchall" and I'm not saying it's changed a whole lot, but it's starting to slowly evolve. Jeff picked up some bookcases (for free!) after I mentioned that the one bookcase in the guest bedroom wasn't gonna cut it for all the books I have (and will be purchasing in the future...). Of course, I really want him to BUILD me some bookcases (or at least one, for pete's sake!), but I don't know when that will be. I wanted to get these boxes of books unpacked to 1) see what kind of shape the books were in after being in the storage unit for awhile, and 2) to get the boxes out of the house and tidy up the guest bedroom. Mission accomplished on both accounts!

Jeff got these 2 bookcases of varying heights at Staples, I believe, when they were remodeling their print shop in the store. He just happened to be in the right place at the right time! They're not perfect but they were free and are a nice color for our bedroom. I was able to unload all of the books I had between the 3 bookcases and I still have "room to grow". I love to read and have about 4 favorite authors -- I'm planning to own most every book they write. Then I have other authors that I've read specific books by that I might want to read again some day so I keep those. I'm planning to have a pretty extensive library so I will need lots of space to store those books. I love nothing more than loaning out books to friends/family who are looking for something good to read. Jeff is a good sport about it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will definitely be easier to see what books you have now! It looks great in the picture, and I know you're glad to get some boxes unloaded...good job, Honey Girl!