Monday, October 27, 2008

weekend of sweetness...

Yes, I got a suh-weet dose of Cora Beth this weekend! I went to Lexington Friday mid-morning and tore myself away Sunday afternoon about 4pm.

She has changed so much in the last 2 months since I've seen her! She was 3 months old on Friday (Oct 25) and her little personality is starting to show. She's smiling a lot now, especially when you talk to her. Daniel (my brother) says she recognizes a smile on someone's face and usually will smile at you if you smile at her. I tested that theory. :) And that will absolutely melt your heart when they smile at you! What a connection you feel! At least I did.

I have to admit I was such a "hog" with her but I tried to give everyone a chance to hold her -- my family is so great about letting me have her to myself when I'm there because they know they can see her whenever. I know my mom & dad don't get to see her as much as they'd like and they're still so good about letting me have her. And that's not to mention how great my brother & sister-in-law are about being around whenever I'm in town so I can see her just as much as I can before I have to head back. They're absolutely wonderful.

I've been kind of undecided as to who she looked more like, my brother or Brandi. I was sort of leaning more toward my brother's features until I saw baby pictures of Brandi -- spitting.image. Looking at Brandi's baby pictures, and even her toddler pictures, is like looking at a photo of Cora Beth. I never would've guessed. But she's too stinkin' cute no matter who she looks like! :)

Our next trip will be in a month for Thanksgiving and I'm sure she will have changed even more by then. Counting the days...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Honey Girl.....and really great pictures! I need a couple of those for my scrapbook! :D It was a wonderful time, and I enjoyed watching you with her as much as I enjoy holding her myself. You're gonna be a great Momma, too! :D