Wednesday, July 15, 2009

rock corner -- part III

It's done! Our "rock corner" is complete! Jeff took some time the end of last week to go get the rock and finish up the rock corner while I was at work. I am so happy with how it turned out and I think Jeff is, too. We've already had our first somewhat heavy rain since it's been done and it worked out great. We had a little "ponding", but I'd rather have it on the rock than on our grass.

Once Jefff got it done, he took photos of it empty first, but then also took a photo (with his phone) after he made a few adjustments. He moved our grill over to the rock from the patio and we have a steel table that was sitting on the patio, too -- it's now up against the house on the rock. We have the trash can sitting on the rock, too, although that cramps things just a bit when we want to grill. An easy fix, of course, but I like having the trash can right there by the door when I need to throw something out. We can always move it when we get ready to grill.

The only thing on our patio now is a couple of (sorry-looking) chairs and it just makes everything looks so much bigger and more open out there! I really like it. What do you think?


Voila!

1 comment:

Momma said...

Way to go, jeffie! Good job......looks great....I know you'll enjoy the space.....just in time for the luau!