Wednesday, July 29, 2009

the value of a good lamp...

We have a new addition in the living room -- a table lamp! To some, it may seem a little weird that I'm so excited about a table lamp, but I have been looking for one for awhile now. I've been saving for one for awhile, too -- some lamps are so stinkin' expensive! All the ones that I seemed to be looking at were, anyway.

But one day recently, Jeff and I were at Lowe's having some keys made and Jeff told me to go look at the lamps while we were there. So I did and I found this lampstand on clearance and the shade that I chose to go with it really wasn't overly expensive either (though it was more pricey than the stand). The shade is actually a pretty similar color, though lighter, to our accent wall color in the living room now, so I wasn't sure how it would look once we got it home but we both like it a lot. I like the height of the stand, too, because it's up high enough for my frames to still sit on the side table and for good reading light, etc.

Yay for my find! Now I can save for something else...Lord knows, there are tons of other things I want to do/buy for our house! :)

1 comment:

The Andersons said...

great find! lamps really can change the feel of a room, and this one fits perfectly!