Saturday, April 2, 2011

Home EC Class: Project 19

Full Apron

**Yep, I skipped another one -- project 18 was a laptop case and I do plan to do that one, but I need to get my materials for it.  UPDATE: posted here. **

Lessons learned:
   creating a rounded pocket
   creating binding
   customizing to fit your body





I really like how this project turned out!  The only thing I kind of messed up on was the measurements across -- the next one I make will be wider to come around my body more, but for my first apron and semi-piece of clothing type of sewing project, I'd say it was a success!

I think the color scheme is really cute, too.  The body of the apron is a fitted sheet (that was tagged as a flat sheet) and the tie and pocket details came from a pillow sham (I already had the green fabric I used for the sash).  I found both pieces in a local thrift store.  :)

2 comments:

emily b said...

You are a busy lady! And you look so cute in your apron. You're inspiring me to work on the projects again - thanks! :)

Momma said...

Love this apron! So cute and so cute on you! If I had one, I just might cook.....uh....um.....well...maybe not. :D Good job, Honey Girl!