Friday, March 23, 2012

Home EC Class: Project 18

Laptop Case

Lessons learned:
   working with foam
   loop attachment for a button






I'm very pleased with how this project turned out.  We have a fairly new laptop so I'm glad I waited to do this project until we had this one.  It really wasn't as difficult in parts as I thought it might be, especially working with foam. 

I think my style is to err on the side of "big" so there's plenty of room on either side of the case when my laptop is in there.  I scored on the fabrics at Joann's since they were 1/2 off when I went to get my materials for this project.  And I love how they coordinate.  :)

I'm heading to a scrapbook retreat at the beach next weekend and I'll be taking my laptop with me so I'm psyched to have a super-cute case to carry/protect it in.

2 comments:

emily b said...

Great job, Lindsay! I really like that sketchy polka-dot fabric! Glad to see I'm not the only one still working through Home Ec projects... :-)

Momma said...

Really cute fabric for a really neat project! Great job! Loved seeing it in person, too! :)