Thursday, August 2, 2012

the ultimate silverware drawer...

Once again, my husband has come through with another phenomenal home project!  We have two drawers in our kitchen.  TWO.  That's not enough, in my opinion.  But that's what we have.  As a result, I've crammed just about as much as I can into both of them.  You can imagine that over time, they've been become pretty junky.



Even after I've tried to reorganize and reorganize every so often.  I'm a fairly organized person (which some would translate into OCD, but whatev.) so the junkiness drives me bonkers after a while.

I got to a breaking point a couple weeks ago and asked Jeff if he could build me a custom divider to acommodate the silverware, food storage and miscellaneous other items I need want in there.  Of course, that was just a challenge to build "the ultimate silverware drawer".

Which he did.

Of course.  :)

Here's what I got:





Pretty awesome, right?  He actually built a brand new drawer to acommodate that "secret" compartment, maximizing our space not only horizontally but vertically, too.  He's brilliant, I tell ya.  ;)  I am loving my new drawer!


**Check out Jeff's post for more technical info on the drawer.**

No comments: