Saturday, February 15, 2014

getting the "nursery" ready...

If you follow this blog of mine, you know that we're expecting our 2nd child, a baby girl this time, in just a couple weeks.  We don't actually have room in this house to devote an entire room to her so we're converting our extra room which is now an office/craft room into an abbreviated nursery of sorts.

Baby girl basically gets one wall in the room.

We have room for the crib and some decorations on the wall above her crib and that's about it.  But I think we're going to succeed in making that one wall pretty special for her.  :)  I also have valances that match her bedding for the 2 windows in the room so I think it will all tie in pretty well.

From this postthis post and this post, you already know that Jeff built lower cabinets and customized countertops for this room.  But to be able to get things even more organized (and cleaned out!) to make room for all things baby #2, he installed upper cabinets and some lighting.

I am IN LOVE with this room now!

Take a look at the process...

[installation of cabinets and very messy countertops!] 


The wall for baby Natalie is to the right of these photos; I plan to post about that when I get it completed...hopefully in the next couple of weeks before she starts the show!  :)

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Oh..my..goodness! How beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person AND see Natalie's "part" of the room! 'Course, I can also hardly wait to meet our newest grandbaby! Woohoo!