Friday, October 19, 2007

attic floor...

I know what you're thinking: I suppose you could say I'm about as slack as a blogger could be, huh? SIXTEEN days since my last post??! That's pathetic.

But in my defense (because I don't think anyone else will come to my defense), I have been super-busy lately. Work has been pretty involved. I've had lots going on in recent weekends. And my nights haven't been my own with Jeff's softball games and cards needing to be made (of course I enjoy that but you know...). So here we are at the 19th of October. Jeff's last softball game (other than the rain-out and the tourney) was Tuesday and no one's coming to visit this weekend. So there you go. Time to post to the blog. :)

I do want to say that I did have house guests last weekend; my mom (finally) and her parents, my grandparents (affectionately nicknamed "the grands"). They all loved the house and we had a wonderful time together. Mom & Gram went to my bible study with me on Saturday morning while Jeff and Buppa hung out (in the shop for a brief time, but mostly at Harbor Freight since Buppa doesn't have one close by). We mostly chilled the rest of the weekend and just enjoyed being together. It really meant a lot to me & Jeff to have Gram & Buppa make the trip because it was a big deal for them to come all that way. They're not "spring chickens" anymore (and I say that in the most loving way!) and for them to make the trip to see us and the house tells a lot. Thanks, Grands! We loved having you! And you, too, Momma. Always!

Now, just a brief part about the house (since that is mostly the point of this blog). We've had the attic flooring down for a while, but it's such a boring thing, I only now decided that I'd post about it. There's not much to say about it except that Jeff's buddy, Henry Olds came out to help cut & put it down and they both worked their butts off one Saturday (thanks, dude!). We don't have much space up there, but it's nice to have flooring down to store things like fall/Christmas decorations, clothes, spare a/c units (?), closet shelving that we took down at the other place, etc. It's helped us clean up the living part of the house so we don't have so much clutter. It's not climate-controlled, obviously, but it does have light. Jeff helped ME install a motion-detection light up there. It pretty much comes on as we start going up the ladder to the attic, which is nice.

Stay tuned for more...and hopefully, it won't be another 16 days before I post again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful time, too, Honey Girl! A good trip down and back (I drove all the way.... whatcha think about that!). I loved seeing your new home "up close and personal", and appreciate the warm welcome. Your home reflects both of you, and I pray God will richly bless you and all who enter your door! We enjoyed the Bible study, and are sooo glad you had the opportunity to particiapte in it....such a blessing for you! Sunday School was GREAT (Gram is still really enjoying the lesson book), the pasta was wonderful and the apple dessert was yummy. We were all duly impressed with the coffee machine....Buppa REALLY wants one! :D Thanks for having us...we're looking forward to seeing you at Thanksgiving!

Jeff W said...

Joey helped with the attic floor, too! He was our cut man.

Jennifer said...

I know your mom and "grands" were happy to see you! Your "grands" live right here behind me! Our church went to there house last year and sang Christmas carols.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.