Saturday, July 12, 2008

"makeshift" craft room...

I am really loathed to show you guys my "makeshift" craft room at this point...this has been the bane of my existence since we moved in. I understand everyone usually has a "catchall" room when they first move in -- a room they throw all the "boxes we don't know what to do with yet", all the "items we don't have a place for yet". Well, this room most definitely qualifies as that room. I'm always extremely embarassed to show this room on "the tour" when anyone comes to see the house for the first time, and usually everyone understands and doesn't care at all (they'll usually tell me all about their "catchall" room at that point), but still. If you know me, you know I care. :)

Recently I've been thinking that I might not get so frustrated with how things are right now in there if I could find a way to rearrange some things and maybe even fit another table in there somehow. I figured that might make me a little more productive (with my crafts) in the process, too. Couldn't hurt, right?

So I got to rearranging this morning. And cleaning out. Surprisingly, I like to clean out. It's a time to find old stuff and to reminisce...and then to be brutally honest with yourself -- how long has it been since you've even seen this thing? And when would you ever use it again, if you've gone this long without it? Yeah. Had to be pretty honest with myself at times...

But I was able to consolidate some things and move some things around and I think I'm going to like this setup. For awhile, at least. Until my wonderful, woodworking husband comes through with my own set of cabinets (like his in the shop) for this room! Until then, I'll try to be content with this... :)

**Note: Make sure you go back & look at the before photo...what a difference!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Honey Girl! I like it. A good use for your curio cabinet, too. Was that in there all the time....I don't remember it in there, but also don't remember if it was somewhere else. Geez! Does that make sense? So...this means you can find everything you want fast, huh?