Saturday, July 5, 2008

a nice day off...

Happy (belated) 4th of July! I was so busy enjoying my day off yesterday, I didn't have a chance to blog. But I did think about it and planned on blogging today since I know it has been a ridiculous amount of time since I blogged last. My day yesterday was filled with a variety of things -- some I wanted to do, some just needed to be done.

One thing I wanted to do:
I did some scrapbooking yesterday and got a little bit farther in the house album. Truth be told, I only have about 4 or 5 more days left to scrapbook before the album is complete. In this post, I mentioned that I would probably continue the album, even after the house had been built and we had moved in, but I have since changed my mind. There are other things to scrapbook now (not the least of which is my CRUISE!) and I just need to cut the house album off somewhere so I can move on. So I've decided that "moving day" will be my last page(s) in that album. That's a good place to end it, right?

One thing I wanted/needed to do:
I got another box unpacked (that's a big deal). It was a box of mostly magazines (Jeff's & mine) and some cookbooks. I mostly use my Simple & Delicious magazines when I cook so I did get rid of some of the cookbooks I don't use (or have never used). Jeff had a lot of woodworking magazines as well as some Model Aviation magazines so we got those organized and into magazine racks, and now they're up in his new cabinet in his shop. A very practical place for them to be! :)

One thing that needed to be done:
Jeff and I mowed the lawn yesterday evening. This is my 2nd time helping with the yard and let me just tell you: you don't really think your yard is that big until you have to mow that joker! I did the mowing with the self-propelled (ha! that's a joke right there) mower and Jeff did the weed-eating. Man, that is a workout! But the wind was blowing (the grass all over me) and we didn't start cutting until around 6:30pm so it was pretty comfortable by then. It looks great, if I do say so myself! :)

We had a nice meal after that -- grilled pork chops with a new Carribean Jerk marinade (yum!), grilled asparagus (Jeff makes some mean grilled asparagus now...), steamed broccoli and some garlic pasta. A good end to our day off. At 9pm, Holly Ridge shot some fireworks from their park which is right down the road from the house so we were able to see most of them from our driveway. I took a few photos...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nice post, Honey Girl! Your "craft" desk is sooo much neater than mine. :D I know you're excited to get to your cruise scrapbook, but your "house" scrapbook is REALLY so neat....love the way you've done it! The fireworks pics look great. Good job!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

Gotta tell ya - I'm completely jealous of how neat your craft space is, too! Could we make an appointment for you to organize mine as well? :)