Saturday, August 28, 2010

Home EC Class: Project 5

Supplies Roll-up

Lessons learned:
   creating sections (albeit uneven :)
   working with thicker material and heavier needle
   installing an adjustable strap

open with the flap closed...

open with the flap open...

open & filled with my sewing supplies...

closed (rolled) up...

closer detail of the ribbon closure...

It's cute, right?

I made a few modifications to this project:

1) I couldn't get my hands on oilcloth specifically (which is what the project called for though they said we could use a few other materials) without ordering some and I wasn't patient enough to wait for it so my (wonderful) husband picked up some vinyl for me at Hancock Fabrics.  It worked just fine.

2) I couldn't find O-rings very easily so I chose some (too large) D-rings that worked.

3) I didn't have any matching ribbon that was 1" thick but I had this really cute ribbon "that matched and everything" so I decided to use 2 strands of it.  THAT was a challenge.

As was sewing the straight lines to form the sections inside.

2 comments:

The Bonjour Four said...

very cute!! great job on it!

Libby

www.libby-bonjour.blogspot.com

Momma said...

Good job, Honey Girl! You're moving right along, and learning some really nice techniques. This project looks just like something YOU would create. Must be the colors/pattern. :D