Monday, March 5, 2012

welcome, spring.

I've probably mentioned this before but I love living in NC.  I was born here, raised here and would probably be content to live here until I die Jesus comes back.  One of the reasons I do so love living in this fine state is because we get all 4 seasons here.  Just about the time I'm getting tired of the season we're in, it's time for it to change anyway.  Love that about NC.

That being said, our weather here on the coast has been a little whack lately, with temperatures bouncing ALL.over.the.place.  Up in the low 70s one day, down into the mid 40s the next.  It's kind of obnoxious but temporary which is what I keep telling myself.  You just learn to dress in layers around here.

Uh, so I'm rambling here but I really just wanted to say that I'm excited about spring being right around the corner.  My husband planted some tulips in our front yard at the end of September last year (for my birthday.  while I was away for the weekend.  yes, he's a keeper. :), and they've been making their way out of the pinestraw, even starting to bloom their beautiful yellow and red/pink colors. 

It puts a smile on my face every time I look out the front door.

And speaking of, I made a (pinterest-inspired) spring wreath for said door.  Though I had one idea in mind, I didn't get enough supplies so I had to cut to plan B, which really was non-existent until I saw how plan A was (not) going.  So it's a straight-up miracle that this turned out as cute as it did...




For those who wonder how I made it (hi, mom!), I just used an 18 in wire/metal wreath frame that I already had, and covered it in wired ribbon.  Then I punched out the cardstock flowers, butterfly & dragonfly from a book I already had and attached them to the wreath with brads.  The "welcome" sign I cut out of cardstock with my cricut and a couple cartridges (Storybook and Lyrical Letters, I think) and then hung it with some string ("fun fibers").

The whole thing is VERY fragile precarious so don't breathe when you come to our door, m'kay?

2 comments:

taiwan xifu said...

super cute!! love it! don't ya love pinterest?

beth

Momma said...

Really cute....and definitely creative (your middle name, I think). Thanks for answering my question before I even asked it! :D