Thursday, July 12, 2007

a place for our cars...or stuff...

We got out to the house tonight (after WAY too long) and they had our garage door on! They also had the doorknob & deadbolt on our front door - a pretty brushed nickel look. We had to manually lift the garage door so we could slide underneath and get in to look around. When we got in, they had all our doors stacked to the side...the doors for the doorways and closets. That was exciting to see. Still no primer on the walls but I think they're waiting for the trim to come in.

We are 36 days from closing, people. 36 more days of the crappy sliding glass door on our house...36 more days to pack all our stuff! And speaking of which, I'm proud of how motivated I've been to pack. I've packed all our (my) books on the bookcase in the back room, all my scrapbooks (except the ones I'm working on - what am I saying??? Like I have TIME to work on a scrapbook at a time like this!!), some office stuff like 3-ring binders, etc. and tonight, I packed up all our photo frames and candleholders. Boy, that'll make your house look bare in a heartbeat! It really looks like we're moving now...we took about 10-12 boxes over to our little storage facility that we're renting to store our stuff until we move (in 36 days). We're trying to do that each time we go see the house progress since it's so close. We'll have less to move on actual moving day...which is in 36 days. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, yay, yay! About one month, coming up fast! We're excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Love the garage door.....so clean and neat looking! A month and a week......it's getting here! We're so excited for you both!