Tuesday, July 3, 2007

We're " packin' "...

We went out to the house tonight but there wasn't anything photo-worthy. Nothing had changed visually; they had just gotten the 2nd coat of mud on the drywall. The next step will be the ceilings. That will be the first thing on the inside that will look "finished" since we started this "journey".

So this post will be to let you know that we have FINALLY started packing! We've been saying we need to start and we've had our (sweet) friends saving boxes for us...well, it took us getting to 7 weeks to start!

I packed 3 boxes last night while Jeff went through some of his stuff and decided what he was going to list on Ebay to sell and what he didn't want. We're trying really hard to throw out stuff we haven't used in a year or more...we'll see how that goes... :)

So I packed a lot of the breakable stuff in the kitchen last night - a box of vases and wine glasses wrapped in my hand towels & washcloths. Then I packed a box of coffee mugs and travel mugs (save 2 each for us to use until we move) wrapped in a fitted sheet (getting pretty creative with my padding!). I also packed up a box of glass salad bowls and pitchers with goblets. Those were wrapped in some bath towels and kitchen towels.

Planning to pack some more tonight...and each night until we get it all done. That's the best I can do for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurray! It's time! It's amazing how much you can find to pack ahead of time. Don't get overwhelmed.....one box at a time. Wish I could come and help you!