Sunday, September 5, 2010

Home EC Class: Project 8

Curtains (Grommeted)

Lessons learned:
   lining up a pattern
   double hemming
   spacing & installing large grommets

one panel, for our kitchen window...




I am SO EXCITED about how this project came out!  The grommets were so easy to put in (just snap in place after cutting out the circle -- no tools required).  I sewed just one long panel (instead of 2 like the instructions suggested) just because I was only doing a valance and I saw no reason to do 2 panels.  And I.am.in.love. with this fabric that I picked up at Hancock Fabrics!  It's a little pricey (but I did purchase it at 40% off :) but matches my dishes perfectly and I'm so pleased with how it looks.  It surprises me every time I walk into the kitchen.  In a fabulous way.  :)

I have a patio door to the right of these photos that I'm already calculating yardage for...

3 comments:

Momma said...

Ooooooooo! How cute is THAT! Great job, Honey Girl! Bring on the next project! :D

Leigh-Ann said...

Your curtain looks so incredible!! Great work Lindsay!! :)

The Bonjour Four said...

They do look amazing!! Very impressed! And the fabric--Love!