Sunday, September 12, 2010

Home EC Class: Project 11

Zippered Pencil Case

**If you noticed that I skipped project 10, I commend you on your keen observation!  :)  Project 10 was for hemming jeans and while I'm still in the present state of pregnancy (not to mention 7 weeks away from delivery!), I will be avoiding those projects that have anything to do with clothing until after the baby comes.  UPDATE: posted here.  **

Lessons learned:
   installing a zipper
   lining a pouch

closed...

open...



I was really looking forward to this project -- I think knowing how to sew in a zipper will come in quite handy.  I enjoyed this project, though, I did get a little frustrated about how my particular pouch wasn't quite so square (or rectangular, in this case) when I got finished, and also in trying to sew the other side of the zipper (with the particular instructions we were given), but everything turned out relatively okay in the end.

I think the old saying, "Practice makes perfect." will apply tremendously here.  :)

1 comment:

Momma said...

Ooooooo! I LOVE how your pattern showed in this project and the colors are beautiful. The zipper looks great, too! Good job, Honey Girl!