Friday, August 24, 2007

...projects...

So we - er, I mean, Jeff has been working on some projects around the house since we moved in (I've been working on "projects", too, but they're of a different nature). He had several things in mind to be done to the house relatively soon after we moved in so he and his buddies got to work straight away.

First up was the attic ladder. We definitely need to utilize the storage space we have in the attic but to do that, we have to be able to get up there. Jeff had already purchased his attic ladder of choice from Lowe's and we'd been storing it in the storage facility down the road from our new house until we could move in. Friday came ("come get your keys, Wenzels!") and with it came Joel Greco, Joey Alphin & Brian England. They came to help Jeff put the ladder up. And they did a reallygreat job. I personally have not tested it yet, but I think Jeff has and he feels perfectly safe on it. Thanks a bunch, guys!

Next was the A/C unit that Adam Batts & Joel installed in the garage. Jeff knew with the garage being mainly a workshop for him (with an extremely small space for my car in there when he's not working on one of my projects) that he would need to have some sort of climate control so he could work no matter what the season. [I married a smart one.] He got the unit from Adam's wife, Melissa. Her family owns Pleasant Heating & Air. The guys came out and installed it for Jeff on the Saturday after we moved in. They worked their butts off and I know Jeff (and I) really appreciate their hard work on that. It's so nice in the garage at any given time. It's more like another room of the house now, instead of just a garage. Thanks, guys!

The other major thing (so far) was the storm door on the front of the house. I love fresh air in the spring and especially in the fall (my fave season...can't wait for it to get here!) so I really wanted a door on the front that had a screen in it. Also, I wanted a storm door simply for the fact that I like leaving my front door open when I'm at home (Kassie, our cat, appreciates that, too). The problem was that Jeff flat out told me he wasn't going to fight with a full pane of glass in the summer & winter months and a full screen in the spring & fall months. I was going to have one or the other for ALL of the months. Hmmm...that was a problem. But did you know that they have doors that are both without ever having to take one or the other out??? At Lowe's (yes, they know Jeff by name...), they have a glass storm door that has a dividing line in the middle and all you have to do is "unlock" the middle part and pull down from the top of the door and the glass slides down into the bottom section while a screen unrolls from the top. So you have screen in the top half and glass in the bottom half (I can live with that). It's the coolest thing ever! So Monday night, Jason Parker came out to help Jeff put in the cool storm door. His sweet wife, Jackie, brought dinner, bless her kind heart! The door works great and it's so nice to be able to leave my front door open now! Thanks so much for your hard work, Jason!

I'm sure we have (many) more home projects in our future but I wanted to share those with you for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So many WONDERFUL friends...how blessed you are!
So many projects! Just goes to show you...whether the house is new or old or somewhere in between, there is ALWAYS something to do! :D