Monday, August 27, 2007

laundry room...

This post may not be as exciting as some of my other posts (...have any of my posts really been exciting???), but there are those (like my momma) who will be just as thrilled to read this one as my other ones. The reason? She wants to SEE the house sooo bad, and this is the only way she can for now. One day, Momma. You'll get here one day! :)

Anyway, the laundry room is by far the least exciting room in the house, but it's one of the few that's pretty much done, and the fact that you can call it a "room" is exciting in itself to me, since I've never really had a laundry "room" - just a laundry area, really.

I had the multi-colored baskets in our bathroom cabinet at the old house and I thought they would add some "excitement" to the laundry room here, so I decided to put them on the shelves there. One is holding all the huge ziploc bags we used to move clothes, pillows & such, one is holding miscellaneous canisters of air freshener or pre-wash and one is holding all of Kassie's "stuff". I do have room to the right of the dryer to put my ironing board, broom & (new) Swiffer WetJet (that thing is "on-time", as Henry would say!), as well as a small trash can.

I think Jeff's plan is to add one more long shelf above the one that is there to hold items that need to be kept but that we don't necessarily need to get to very often. Thankfully, I can close the bi-fold doors to any "clutter"! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got that right, Honey Girl! I can hardly wait to see it....up close and PERSONAL! I LOVE the little baskets....a nice colorful touch to a necessary "room". Good job, Honey Girl, but I'm not surprised. :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.