Wednesday, August 22, 2007

we're in!

You'll forgive me if this is brief...and maybe it won't be so brief...we'll see. But I know some of you have been wondering how the move went and when I might post something to the blog. Well, I might've posted something before now but we had some issues with our DSL switch-over so I just last night was able to access my email and internet connection for the first time in a week. I wanted to just get a quick update and a couple photos up to keep you in the loop.

The house, of course, is still a disaster area, but we're making progress. We flew Jeff's mom down as our "cleaning crew" and GOD BLESS HER SOCKS OFF! It was such a load off knowing that our previous house would be cleaned while I was busy unpacking our stuff. And it was just nice to see her, too! :) She was here from Saturday to Wednesday.

I have the kitchen put away (I think; until I find another box labeled "kitchen") and some other miscellaneous things. We're waiting on the rest of our furniture to arrive this Saturday and then we'll be able to do more with the living room. Our bedroom seems to have become the "catchall" room so that will be long in coming together, I think. We both have our computer desks set up in the back bedroom so we can at least check email (and post to the blog!) but that's about all that's happening in that room right now. No crafting yet; I haven't unpacked my stamp/scrapbooking stuff yet...mostly because I don't know where I'll put it at this point (Jeff will eventually build me a wall of cabinets to store my stuff). The guest bedroom & bathroom are pretty much set up but the bedroom is a work in progress as I have more plans for that room than the budget allows right now. :)

I want to take this opportunity to give A THOUSAND THANKS to those who were able to come out and help us get moved in: Joey & Amy, Brandon & April, Adam & Bekah, Adam & Melissa, Trent & Anjie, Brian, Scott & Brooke, Matthew, Joel...and to those guys who came out again to help do other house projects like attic ladders, a/c units & storm doors: Joel, Adam B. and Jason - you'll never know the value of your help! We are so blessed to have such kind, caring friends - we love you all!

More posts to come as we work to get our house unpacked and looking just the way we want it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAAAHOOOO! It's finally happened! NOW the REAL fun starts! Enjoy!