Thursday, September 20, 2007

our (new) living room furniture...

At long last, I'm posting our new living room furniture. This is the major purchase we made in the process of moving (aside from the house itself, obviously) and we're pretty happy with it. Most of you know we had a sectional sofa before, with 2 recliners and a pull-out sofa bed. Well, there was NO WAY that was going to fit in our new living room. Believe me, I measured & measured, this way & that! I loved that sectional and was really sorry to see it go but our new living room area is more square than the area we had at the old place so it just wasn't going to work. So we set about looking at several furniture places, including Rooms To Go which is where we found our purchase. It's called "Thorne" and we got the sofa, loveseat, chair/ottoman & rug in the set. It's pretty dramatic, but you know me...

I'm a big fan of having lots of seating for our guests on those rare occasions when folks make the "trek" out to our place [ :) ]. We also opted for the sleeper sofa so that we'd have a 2nd bed for guests/family if we had that many at one time (it's been known to happen). And Jeff wanted the chair & ottoman. I kinda dig it myself...

As you can see, it's a dark green color with a khaki piping around the cushions, which I think really cleans it up - makes it look crisp. The chair & ottoman are a geometric design with (lots of) accent pillows on the sofa & loveseat in the same fabric. It's a good color that doesn't show Kassie's hair too much; we had that to consider when looking at the fabric/material it was made of, too.

I'm pleased with how the furniture fits into the room. We thought it was going to be a push to fit it all in with out it looking like it was just crammed into the room, but it worked out pretty well and every time I come in the front door, it looks better & better.

You should come try it out...see how comfy it is! ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! It's DEFINITELY way different from what you had before, but it looks really good in the room! I'm sooooo looking forward to seeing it in person! Next month! Yippee!

Jennifer said...

My mom works at Hospice with your mom! I have to say I love your living room and the furniture! Very nice, love the colors and the patterns. Congratulations on the new house!
Jennifer

Jennifer said...

http://jenniferandjoshmoretz.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Gross Circles