Sunday, September 30, 2007

first house guests...

My brother, Daniel, and his wife, Brandi, came for the weekend - our first house guests in the new house!

My brother and I share the same birthday, September 28, so we celebrated this weekend. He was celebrating year 27 and I was celebrating year 29 (ouch). It was nice to be together for our birthdays (but not the same as sharing a birthday party - we used to do that when we were young enough to not like each others' friends). They got to the house around 3pm on Friday and left tonight around 8pm.

Friday night we opened gifts and then grilled out pork chops for dinner. We watched a movie later. Saturday, Daniel went to Jeff's bible study with him and Brandi went to my bible study with me. Then Daniel & Jeff got to work putting in surround sound speakers in the living room. We used to have that in our apartment in Wilmington when we first moved to the area...I'd forgotten how nice that is! We took a break and went to the beach for a brief time (until we couldn't stand the black flies anymore - ugh!). Then we came back & grilled out burgers for dinner. We drove into town to get ice cream at ColdStone Creamery (did you know you can sign up to get a coupon for a free "love it" on your birthday? click here to check it out) and then went back to the house to watch a movie (with our new surround sound). Today, we went to Sunday School & church and then out to lunch at Two Guys Grille (yum!). We came back to the house & lazed around (after all, it IS the day of rest!).

It was an enjoyable weekend with family. So glad to have you in our new home, Daniel & Brandi!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeek! I'm such a bad friend! Happy Birthday, Linds! So sorry I didn't send a card- I know that's your "love language"! Maybe it will help to know that I read your blog everytime it's updated?

Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to celebrate your birthdays together....I remember all those parties (together AND separate)! :D It's MY turn next! THIS MONTH for SURE! I can hardly wait!