Wednesday, September 12, 2007

something a little different...

First of all, I wanted to post a photo of me & Jeff at my cousin's wedding in Maryland a couple of weekends ago...don't we look spiffy??

Now to the point of this post... We all know those questionnaires that go around in our emails. You know, the ones that ask you all these questions about yourself that 1) you really have to think about and 2) your friends probably didn't want to know about you in the first place. Well, I got one from my friend, Jen (who is notorious for sending these things around), but it's a little different. It's questions about your home! Well, since I have a brand new one, I thought it might be kind of fun to post the Q&A here:

1. What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now? Dial Antibacterial (green)
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No
3. Is there anything moldy in your refrigerator? Well, not right now, but that’s not out of the question in OUR fridge! Ew, I know.
4. Are there any dirty dishes in your sink? Nope, I just put them in my (awesome) dishwasher!
5. What would you change about your living room? I still love it cuz it’s brand new but there are some unpacked boxes of stuff sitting in there...like to get rid of those...
6. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? Dirty – see question 4
7. Do you have a can of mushrooms in your pantry? Uh, no, I think I used them in a recipe recently.
8. White or wheat bread? Nature’s Own Butterbread…it’s so soft!
9. What is on top of your refrigerator? Actually nothing!
10. What color is your sofa? Dark green with khaki “piping” around the edges...it's new.
11. What color or design is on your shower curtain? Master bath is yellow/blue/green plaid; guest bath is brown, olive & dark aqua flowers (but not girly or Jeff wouldn’t let me get it…).
12. How many plants are in your home? ha, ha…that’s a joke, right? Are we talking live ones?
13. How many candles are in your home? Let’s not even go there…
14. Is your bed made right now? Uh, no.
15. If you have a coffee pot, what color is it? Ahem, we have a KEURIG coffee machine and it’s black.
16. Electric or standard can opener? Pampered Chef (standard)
17. Comet or Soft Scrub? Neither (aren’t those both totally 80’s??); I use Clorox sanitizing wipes in Fresh Scent & Fantastik (Herbal Scent) in the toilet/tub.
18. Is your closet organized? As much as it can be for having used it for only a month; I can tell you, not everything's in there yet...
19. What color is the flashlight that you use the most? A flashlight? Hmmm…I think we have a yellow one somewhere?
20. What kinds of things are in your junk drawer? Oh, how I WISH we had a junk drawer…right now, we have a junk “box” (the box we packed the junk drawer in) & it has things like pliers, batteries, playing cards, caulk (?), old drivers’ licenses…pretty junky.
21. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? It depends on what I’m drinking…it’s probably half & half.
22. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? Sadly, no.
23. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? You have NO idea…
24. Curtains or blinds? We have those faux wood blinds in all the rooms except the kitchen, craft/computer room and our bathroom (I LOVE them!). Eventually, we'll have window treatments but that's not real high on "the list" right now...
25. How many pillows do you sleep with? 2 for me, 2 for him, although we just got new pillows so maybe we’ll be down to 1 apiece (if they work).
26. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? No, but our alarm clocks have bright enough light…
27. How many ceiling fans are in your home? Every room except the kitchen; there are 4 total.
28. How often do you vacuum? Uh…well, the carpet’s new…I think I’ve vacuumed it once or twice…
29. What color is your toothbrush? Lavender
30. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? Yes, I do! It doesn’t say “welcome” but it’s a mat…does that count then?
31. What is in your oven right now? Nothing now, but just tonight, I made (veggie) lasagna for the first time in my life! It turned out great; I'm very excited!

So that's the first 31 questions...there will be a "part 2" to this because there were 62 questions in that questionnaire! Did you learn anything?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a NEAT post! I must say Jen was very timely in her emailing that questionnaire. I got it, too, but haven't answered it. I thoroughly enjoyed reading through your post! Love the picture of you and Jeff, too.....I WANT one... a 5x7 for my desk at work. I know the Grands would love one, too. :D