Saturday, September 15, 2007

something a little different, part 2

Doesn't our yard look nice? This photo was taken today in our front yard, facing the house (obviously). Jeff put out some fertilizer and it got watered quite a bit this week with all the rain we've been having so the yard is looking really nice. Thought I'd share that with you...

Alright, here's part 2 of the Q&A I started on Wednesday:

32. Is your microwave clean or dirty? Oh, it’s clean now, but give it time…give me time…
33. Is there anything under your bed? Nope
34. Chore you hate doing the most? Oh, my heavens…where to begin?! I don’t like cleaning the bathroom or dusting and I really don’t like ironing…
35. What retro items are in your home? Hmmm…retro…that has a lot of different meanings to different people…I’m not sure if any of my stuff qualifies…
36. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? No, we have a craft/computer room (that is a DISASTER right now…).
37. If you have a yard, who mows it? Jeffy
38. Is there anything on your kitchen floor right now? Ha! I’m sure there’s crumbs & dust, grass, etc.
39. How many mirrors are in your home? Well, there’s 1 each in the bathrooms and then there’s one by the front door that our keys hang on and that’s all that’s UP right now…there’s another that’s leaning against a wall somewhere…so I guess the answer would be 4 (can’t just answer the question – gotta have details!).
40. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? Uh, no. We have a “hot date fund” jar that’s full of change, but that’s it.
41. What color are your walls? Bone (medium white)
42. Which rooms in your house have wallpaper? NONE! And we’d like to keep it that way…
43. Do you have a peephole in your front door? No
44. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? No…just steak knives (hey, those could probably do some pretty good damage!).
45. What does your home smell like right now? The living room smells like “Hawaiian” something (it’s an air freshener – I love it!) and the garage smells like sawdust. Other than that, there’s no other smells, which is good, I guess.
46. Fave candle scent? Oh, geez…I never can pick just one…let’s see…anything that smells like cotton/linen, autumn/fall or coffee.
47. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? I think we have some of those whole sweet pickles (ew, Jeff likes the sweet ones).
48. Who are in the pictures you displayed? Haven’t unpacked that box yet…I don’t have a single photo frame out right now.
49. What color is your favorite cup? I have a favorite coffee mug that’s pottery-style, brown & dark brown. Don’t really have a favorite cup.
50. Do you have plenty of cabinet space in your kitchen? I wouldn’t say I have plenty; I would say there’s enough. Would I like more? Yes.
51. Ever been on your roof? Nope
52. Do you own a stereo? Yes
53. How many TVs do you have? One in the living room, one in the garage/shop.
54. How many house phones? None; we only use cell phones.
55. Do you have a housekeeper? Are you applying for the job??
56. What style do you decorate in? My own; not really sure what you would call it. Just whatever works & looks nice.
57. Do you like solid colors on furniture or prints? It depends on what piece of furniture it is. We have a solid color loveseat & couch and a print chair & ottoman. It looks nice, I think.
58. Is there a smoke detector in your home? Yes. Brand new ones!
59. In case of fire, what are the items you would grab if you only could make one quick trip? I have thought about this so many times…and I still have a hard time with it…we’d get the cat, of course, and our cell phones to call 911, and then I’d REALLY like to get my scrapbooks but it would be tough (they’re all in a box right now so it’d be pretty easy!). I’d probably get my camera, too. The rest, although I would be DEVASTATED, could be replaced.
60. Do you know how to work your electrical box? Pretty much
61. What temperature in your home is most comfortable to you? between 72 & 74

Well, do you feel like you know a little more about our (new) home? Hope it was a pleasure for you to read through. I enjoyed answering the questions and am glad I could share them with you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved checking out the "sequel" questions. If I don't get down there pretty soon, I'm gonna bust! Commmmmme 'oooonnn, October!