Thursday, September 6, 2007

guest bathroom...

Okay, sorry for the delay in posting. I haven't had time to really do much with the house, much less get a post done on the blog. I do have a good reason, though! We were out of town for Labor Day weekend - up in Maryland for my cousin, Melinda's wedding. It was beautiful, by the way, and it was really nice to see that part of my family that I don't get to see very often.

So I'm posting about the guest bathroom tonight. I really enjoyed putting this room together. I'm not saying it's completely finished but at the moment, I don't have any other plans for it. It's usable as far as guests go and even decorated a little bit. :)

I found the shower curtain at Bed Bath & Beyond. I just couldn't resist it; it's my colors, for pete's sake! I then went over to the towel section and found towels that were the perfect color to match - lemon grass and dark chocolate. You can't see in the photos but I found a small bath mat at Linens 'N' Things to put in front of the tub that's the same dark brown/chocolate color. It's soft... We put a curved shower curtain rod in there which we thought would help to open up the space in the shower stall (it does!). It's very "hotel-like"... :)

The bowl that's sitting on the sink is one I already had from Pier One. I was psyched when I unpacked that & realized it matched perfectly!! And, of course, I have antibacterial foaming handsoap from Bath & Body Works (love that store!) in Tropical Passionfruit scent (mainly cuz it's green & it matches).

So that's pretty much it. I do have a photo in a dark brown frame that I'm thinking of hanging in there, but I'm still undecided about that. It's a photo of a couple of palm trees that I took in Hawaii and it matches pretty well, but I feel like if I put that up, then I have to go with the palm tree "theme"...is that silly? For now, it's just being stored under the sink in there...

What do you think???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Honey Girl! I'm sooo looking forward to being the "guest"! The colors are definitely yours!